August 28, 2016

Analogous Color Palette challenge with Color Bursts

Hi All, 

I found this challenge over on Ken Davis' blog and thought I'd have some fun with it.


Analogous Color Palettes...Color Challenge, Turquoise, Chartreuse, Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber


I do love the Color Burst products, but I have not had a lot of time to use them yet.  The bright colors seem to move and produce magic!  This seemed like a great time to get them out.


I started with a spritz and sprinkle with the 4 Color Burst colors - Turquoise, Chartreuse, Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber.  I love how these colors move when you add water!


(Sorry about the color shift in my photos - I need to find more light.)

Next I tried using the Secret Garden stencil from Anna Griffin with mixed results - but this section came out fairly well.


Next I tried the Tim Holtz wildflower stencil with some BoBunny Copper Glitter Paste.  After the past dried, I tried two different techniques.  First up was a light color wash of the four colors that worked well enough to put the result on a card.  Second was a Spritz and Sprinkle technique that did not work as well.  I love the color movement that the technique gives, but the color intensity did not work well with the copper flowers.  Live and learn.


Finally I tried stamping with the Fall Foliage stamp from RubberNecker Stamps.  The first time, I tried a wash with Turquoises and Chartreuse in the background and then some Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber on the stamp.  I think the background was still too damp since the color keep moving.
The next time I created a background wash and the stamping on a different piece of paper.

Thanks for the challenge and lesson on analogous colors Ken Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment