March 31, 2015

TH March challenge

Tim Holtz has a great tag this month.  I love the paint marbling technique - it's gorgeous.  Unfortunately, since the only paint color I have is snowcap, it made it hard to recreate.  I tried with snowcap and my red distress stain, but it was mixing into pink and not giving me any marbling.  Now, I do have a bunch of glimmer mists, but they are transparent, and I liked how Tim's technique was translucent instead of transparent.  Then I thought of painting the tag with snowcap and then adding glimmer mist in a few colors.  Now, I got a translucent, marbling effect.  Then I went on to stamp with black archival ink and clear embossing powder, stencil and emboss, and add a few TH goodies.  Wishing you all joy in the journey also!

No comments:

Post a Comment